Update: Sony has introduced the new PlayStation Plus
Sony has revealed the new PlayStation Plus. There are several offers that focus on different target groups.
Update from 29.03.2022: It's official. Sony lays together the SERVICES PlayStation Now and PlayStation Plus. The new service listens to the name PlayStation Plus and will start in June 2022. To address as many potential customers as possible, there will be PlayStation Plus in three variants in the future. Who makes it easy and without a lot of frills, the cheapest offer, who also wants to play classics of past console generations, decides for the most expensive option.
PlayStation Plus Essential
- Two monthly downloadable games
- Online multiplayer access
- Cloud storage for stored games
- Exclusive discounts
- For existing PlayStation Plus members, there is no changes with this tariff
- The **** Price for PlayStation Plus Essential remains the same as the current price for PlayStation Plus.
- 8,99 € Monthly / € 24.99 Quarterly / 59.99 € annually
PlayStation Plus Extra
- Offers all the advantages of the essential tariff
- Adds a catalog of up to 400 ps4 and ps5 games, including games from the "PlayStation Studios" catalog and third-party providers. Games that are part of the extra tariff can be downloaded to play.
- Price : 13,99 € Monthly / 39.99 € Quarterly / 99.99 € annually
PlayStation Plus Premium
- Offers all the advantages of the rates essential and extra
- Adds up to 340 additional games, including:
- PS3 games available over cloud streaming
- Catalog with popular game classics of the first PlayStation, PS2 and PSP generation available either by streaming or download
- Provides cloud streaming access for original PlayStation, PS2, PSP, and PS4 games that are offered in the Extra and Premium tariffs. Players can stream games with PS4 and PS5 consoles as well as PCS.
- This tariff also offers temporary test versions of games, so customers can try selected games before buying.
- Price : 16,99 € Monthly / 49.99 € Quarterly / 119.99 € annually
In addition, Sony Plant, Games like Death Stranding, God of War, Marvel's Spider-Man, Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Mortal Kombat 11 and Return to be able to offer directly to the start of the service. After the introduction of the new PlayStation Plus service, PlayStation Now will continue to go to the new "PlayStation Plus" offer. Who is currently subscribed to NOW, migrates without a cost premium to PlayStation Plus Premium.
Original message from 28.03.2022: For weeks has been rumored that Sony is working on its own service in the style of Microsoft's Game Pass. That's exactly what it should be about the project with the code name Spartacus. As the news magazine Bloomberg now reports, the subscription service should be presented to the public this week. However, the offer, if the rumors (who came up in the last year), will differ from Microsoft's counterpart. So Sony's new service PlayStation Now and PlayStation Plus should connect. In addition, there should be different gradations with different prices. Documents that are available to Bloomberg is to be found that the most expensive offer players will offer additional possibility for streaming and expanded demos.
Which, on the other hand, will not give, be access to large first-party titles on the day of publication, as it is the case with the Game Pass. If you want to play the latest blockbusters like God of War Ragnarök directly on the first day, will continue to pay the full price. In the library of the subscription service, however, there will be a wide range of games, including titles from the younger past and past playstation generations.